Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch WFX2867GB washing mahine loss of power

Hi I've got a Bosch WFX2867GB washing mahine that stopped mid-cycle this last week when my wife was using it. Although there is power to the machine, there are no lights on the front console and she was unable to switch the machine to the drain cycle. She managed to open the door while there was still water in the machine (you would not normally be able to do that with power to the appliance would you?) and in doing so caused a moderate flood! I have pulled out and drained the machine and tested the fuse at the plug - it's OK? Any ideas of the most likely source of the problem - PCB/Controller? Sounds like there is a total loss of power to the controller?  Is there an internal fuse to check? Thanks for a quick response.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi If the power supply is fine going to the washer then what you need to do is remove the top and look at the back and you will see the mains filter. This is the part with the mains cable going to it.Check this hasnt burnt out and the wires burnt. If so then you need to replace the mains filter. But if the mains filter is fine then just check the wiring connections to the control board. If thats all fine then its more then likely the main control board. As inside these washing machines they dont have an internal fuse. The power comes into the mains filter then to the control board. So if nothing is comming up then all it can be is either the main control board or the mains filter im afraid. Regards