George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Bosch exxcel washer dryer The washer works fine but the dryer

Bosch exxcel washer dryer
The washer works fine but the dryer stops working after about 10 minutes - it just quits with time left on the cycle. I've tried several times and the same thing happens every time.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Are there any lights flashing when the appliance stops?
Also, what is the ENR of the appliance

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No lights flashing; no error messages. The wash cycle works normally. The dryer cycle stops after a random number of minutes - before the cycle is complete - just stops - nothing else

If you listen when the cycle is running;

Does the cycle occasionally take in water.
Can you hear the dryer fan running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The sounds of the cycle are completely normal until it stops prematurely.

Ok Liz, can I have the ENR of the appliance please.. This will be on a label inside the door opening.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

WVD245S3GB/02

I have looked at the diagrams of your appliance and from the parts included in the build of your appliance I have determined that there are a number of posible causes of the failure to complete the program:

1.. The temperature limiter - If the temperature raises to 175 degs or higher due to a blockage in the ventilation duct or condensed water container.

2.. NTC - If the temperature is not reached within a certain length of time

3.. Capacitor - Failure of the capacitor to drive the fan motor

4.. Steam Leakage Container - Blocked

5.. Heater - Failure of the heater element

If you have a good quality multimeter that can range 20 MOhms we can test some of these potential causes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I appreciate the effort, but I believe the conclusion is that I have to open a service call with Bosch. I'm an average person, not a technician, and I certainly don't have equipment on hand to measure MOhms. Thanks for trying - I'm calling Bosch now.

Ok Liz, please rate the assistance given by me.. and if you feel at any time that you need to chat, I will be here.