Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch Avantixx Dishwasher and the control panel fascia

I have a Bosch Avantixx Dishwasher and the control panel fascia broke a little while ago. I ordered a replacement and have fitted this but the buttons don't seem to be working properly. I need to remove it again and retry but it seems a tight fit and I don't what to damage any of the lugs as it cost a lot of money. Any advice?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you post the model number please of the dishwasher. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

SGS45A02GB/36

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the buttons are not working correctley then first try and remove the control panel from the dishwasher door.Then from there remove the control board only from the frame. Dont take the panel off the metal frame frame yet. Once thats off you can see the buttons behind the panel. They should be all attched to each other in there, Check the bracket along the top hasnt broke and each button is sitting there loose as this can cause problem. If thats all fine then refit the control board back into the place on the metal frame and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed you can sort it that way with out removing the plastic panel from the metal frame. Try that and see what you find and let me know. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had to remove the metal frame and fit the control panel fascia to it while it was off. I also found out that the buttons all have a different letter on them and have to be arranged in alphabetical order, otherwise the controls don't operate properly. Everything is now fixed.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Nice one glad to hear it sorted and thanks for letting me know.