Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bendix BDW55 dishwasher. It is blowing the trip

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Bendix BDW55 dishwasher. It is blowing the trip switch every time it goes into drain cycle. I have removed the drain pump and tested it (it's mains voltage) and it's working. Also I have checked the non-return flap valve at the start of the drain hose and it's working fine. Machine fills, heats, and washes ok so I don't want to throw it out if there is a possible DIY fix???
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok bit of a strange fault if its only blowing it on the drain out cycle only.

These pumps are not earthed so its very rare a pump will trip the electrics out. But the wiring can do.

Remove the outer door panel and from there you will see the wires running down the front of the door to the under side.
Open the harness there at the bottom were it bend to go underneath and see if theres a broken wire touching the metal cabinet. As if there is then this will explane why its tripping only when the pump kicks in. As thats when its sends the voltage to the pump.

So check the wiring in the door first and see what you find and let me know.