George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Baumatic wine cooler.Mo BWE 40 Had it switched off while away

Baumatic wine cooler.Mo BWE 40
Had it switched off while away and upon switching back on stays at room temp and will not cool down to set temp.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Have you set the temperature on the controls at the top inside the door? if so, what temperature is it giving you?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I set the required temp but throughout a 3 day period the temp remained at room temp. The required temp only lasted in viewer for about 10 secs

Ok ..

Is the compressor switching on and off?

Is the compressor running all the time?

How hot / warm is the compressor?

Is the temperature going up and down or staying the same?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George ,

Sorry for my late reply have been away . Back at home now and have switched chiller back on .Compressor is working and after quite a while it switches off. However temp stays at room temp despite efforts to lower it by pressing the "down" button which flashes for a few moments then room temp is indicated. Can not see a fan in the back of chiller and the compressor is hot to touch.

Bw,

John
The compressor will turn on and off relative to the set temperature inside the refrigerator compartment, or relating to the temperature of the compressor safety setup.

By pushing both buttons together for the first time, the LED display will show the original preset temperature (the temperature preset at the factory is about 12°C).

You can select the temperature to be displayed either in °C or °F by pushing the button marked °F /°C. If you choose temperatures to read in Fahrenheit, the reading will appear in a red colour in the display marked ‘°F’.
If you choose temperatures to read in Celsius, the reading will appear in a yellow colour in the display marked ‘°C’.

You can turn the Interior Light ON or OFF by pushing the button marked with the light bulb symbol.

You can now set the temperature you want your Wine Cooler to cool to (the target temperature).

Pressing the up button once will bring the target temperature up by 1°C or 1°F.

If you push down the button once, it will take the target temperature down by 1°C of 1°F.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

George, you have quoted everything directly from the manual but have not helped me.Tried all the advice from the manual already before forking out for your advice which so far has not helped one iota.

John, this procedure is a step by step thing... I gave you a comment and then did quote the next part from the manual for you to follow, following your comment regarding setting the temperature...

If you are sure you are setting the temperature correctly, we can then move on.

Please tell me how hot / warm the compressor is?

Also, have you checked the temperature inside the compartment with an alternate thermometer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George,

The compressor gets very hot and yes have checked that temp indicated is correct using a thermometer.

John

If the compressor is getting very hot, can you describe the sound coming from the circulation of refrgerant in the appliance... Would you describe it as a running water sound, or a hissing sound?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George,

The only sound is that of the compressor - there is no sound of running water or hissing.

Bw,

John

Thank you for responding so quickly John..

If you are getting neither the Hissing or Gurgling sounds when the compressor is running, then i'm afraid it seems that your appliance has run out of refrigerant and will need to be recharged.

To have the appliance recharged wit the correct refrigerant (R600a) you will need the services of either a refrigeration engineer orcompetent appliance engineer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

O K George will try that. Cheers, John

Ok John.. Let me know how you get on

Are you ok sourcing an engineer to recharge it?

Please rate the assistance given & feel free to return for further advice on the matter if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George,

Will try and get a local ref eng . Many thanks.

Bw,

John