Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Siemens IQ 100 washing machine when I was my cloths

Customer Question

I have a Siemens IQ 100 washing machine when I was my cloths my washing machine smells inside and still smells once wash has finished cloths also smell why
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Can you tell me how old this is and what temperature you normally wash your clothes at?
Also, how and where is the waste hose attached to the house waste?
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The machine is 4 years old and I tend to wash at 40 degrees the hose is under the sink and is securely fitted in to the waste
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** *****
In these "green" days, we all tend to wash clothes at lower temperatures than we used to.
This leads to a build up of detergent and bacteria. This can cause bad smells and a build up of "gunge" in the folds of the door seal.
This builds up over time and will not go away instantly.
You need to run the longest hottest wash. You should add a cup of bleach and a teaspoon of powder and no clothes. Let it do the full programme. You need to do this periodically.
Over time the mix of the bleach and the high temperature will break down the bacteria and the smell. BUT you will need to do this to prevent further build up.
You can go and buy an overpriced product for exactly this problem, but my advice is a much cheaper solution, without the need to go and buy more "stuff"
Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you I will try this
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome