Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697
Appliance

Cannot remove the oven light bulb cover to replace the light

bulb (oven u15M52.3GB ) NEFF... Show More
bulb (oven u15M52.3GB ) NEFF. HELP !!
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.
What happens on these is over the years grease get around the cover and dries on there making it hard for the cover to come off as it basically seals itself tight.
What we do is place a tee towel over the cover and try and unscrew this anti clockwise as sometimes the towel will give you a better grip of the cover.
If you cannot turn it like that then you need to place the tee towel over it again and get a pair or pipe pliers and grip the cover with them and turn it using them. But dont squees to tight as it can break the glass.
That way the cover will unscrew and then you can access the bulb and swap it from there.
Try the above and that will do the trick. Its just the grease thats built up in there is making it hard to remove so once you break the seal the grease has made it will unscrew easy from there.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
tried the gadget that is called a cap gripper but no luck so I will buy pipe pliers and hope it will work but if doesn't any other suggestion before I admit defeat ???
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago.
Ive tried them cap grippers before and sometimes you cannot get enough grip on them to release it.
But if you get a pair of pipe pliers these have a lot better grip on there will remove the cover from there for you.
But if you need anymore info just get back to me. Even after rating you can still get back to me on this.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Daniel, will send my husband down the DIY shop now. Cheryl.
No worries Cheryl.
If you need anymore help on this afterwards just get back to me.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
I have removed the cover and replaced the bulb but the light is still not workingRegards,Cheryl
Had the old bulb blown?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
yes
Ok if the old bulb had blown and now when you fit the new one it doesnt work then its possibley the selector switch thats fault as sometimes it can blow it as the switch is just brass bars which can stick or weld itself open.
So if you able to remove the oven and take the top off and check the selector switch from there and see what you find.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Looks like I will be cooking in darkness then ! Disappointing though considering the oven is less than 2 years old and not being an enthusiastic cook it only get used a few times a week. Thanks for your advice though.
Cheryl