George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Neff H5474.0GB built in microwave and when I switch

hi, I have a Neff H5474.0GB built in microwave and when I switch it on, the light goes on but the timer no longer goes down so it doesnt heat up anymore. any idea what the problem might be? grateful for your help
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

The problem here could be any one of 3 components

Operating module fault
Failure in the Magnatron
Inverter fault

The most likely is a fault in the inverter that powers the magnetron, however I have not noticed this stop the timer on the appliance before.

Can you tell me the FD of the appliance.. This will be next to the ENR on the data label

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

FD: FD8902

F29230005

Thank you for that...

The appliance is a Feb 2009 appliance and due to the cost of the replacement parts each coming in at above £100, I would suggest you contact Neff on 0***-***-**** and arrange for a Bosch Repair Care Plan that will cost you about £15 per month and will cover the complete appliance for 12 months
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you.

You're very welcome