Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

BTD1 Our 'old' unit has just faile after 8-9 years - no complaints! Your

Customer Question

BTD1
Our 'old' unit has just faile after 8-9 years - no complaints!
Your current machine shows dimensions of WxDxH of 60.0x56.0x87.0
My measurements of our existing machine 59.2x52.7x82.5
The cabinet spaces I have are 60.0x56.5x84.5
I have to run the vent pipe along the wall behind the rear of the machine.
Two Questions
1. Can I reduce the height of the new machine by not fitting the 'lifter channels'?
2. Is the depth of the new machine really 3.8cm more than the old machine? (remember I have to lay the vent pipe behind the machine)
I would really like your advice as we are keen to buy another Baumatic but nervous it might not fit
***** *****
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.

The model you have for the Baumatic is actually made by White Knight. Baumatic never made dryers they got them from other brands and just put there name on the front.

What you will be best doing is buying a White Knight dryer as they are cheaper but as the excate same dryer as White knight make them for Baumatic which is now part of Hoover.

There mode is C831wv is the same size as the old you have as they havent changed the dimmensions of these since they started making them so this will be a stright swap over with your old dryer.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.