Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

How do I remove the top from a hotpoint WMF760 aquarius washing

how do I remove the top from a hotpoint WMF760 aquarius washing machine?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Are there only two screws at the rear, which you have removed, but it wont move?

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes Rob, one at either side on the back. I can lift the top up a bit at the back but it is tight down at the front. I have pushed it quite hard from the front to see if it will slide backwards but it wont budge. Problem is I am trying to gain access to the program selector knob which seems worn as it will not change programs and just freely turns round so will need replaced. this means I need to get the front panel at the top removed after I remove to top of the machine.

Cheers,

John.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi John

you neeed to hit the back of the lid with the palm of your hand, quite sharply!!

The lid will then slide forward and you can then lift it up and off

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob,

I tried that but could not see how the top would slide forward due to the screw brackets sticking down at the back. I lifted the whole top at the back and gave it a strong pull and got it off. Some plastic clips at the front broke off but I think I am ok. I have now removed the control assembly.

Thanks,

John.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi John

OK, the lid should slide past the plastic brackets at the ront.

As you have found, by forcing it backwards, the clips have broken

The good news is its off !!

Please dont forget to rate as this is the only way I get credit for spending my time helping you today

Rob