Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Micheal I have an Electrolux ERL6296KK10 American style

Customer Question

Hi Micheal
I have an Electrolux ERL6296KK10 American style fridge freezer and both fridge and freezer have stopped cooling/freezing I've taken the back panel off the fridge and the compressor is buzzing and fan is working well HELP !!!!! Thanks
Geoff
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Has the freezer fully defrosted and gone warm?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If the compressor is very hot and theres no cooling at all inside the freezer then this is a compressor fault.

Its either short of gas or a poor pumping compressor. For either of these you need to get a fridge engineer in and they will but there gauges on the back to see what pressure the compressor is pumping at.

As if its short of gas then they will need to find the leak and fix it and regas it and that should sort it.

But if its a faulty compressor they will need to replace it and will sort it.

Now these are both expensive repairs. If its just a regas then this is about £140.
But if its a compressore then its about £250 so an expensive repair but these are an expensive appliance.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.