George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have a siemens hf24m564b microwave oven (built in) fitted

We have a siemens hf24m564b microwave oven (built in) fitted in Feb 2015, but the door opening button is very stiff and you have to press it really hard in order to open the door my wife cannot operate it as it is so difficult - can the internal catch mechanism be adjusted or replaced?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Yes, the spare parts can be bought from the SIEMENS WEBSITE

I suggest you inspect the parts for damage or breakages first, to prevent the purchasing of unnecessary parts.

Below are the push button you refer to and the parts that help actuate it. Part number 0101 and 0105 are the most common to break in my experience.

graphic
Next is the part called the hook.. This is part of the locking system.
graphic

The part below is the switch support.. This is the part into which the hooks protrude to operate the switches that allow your appliance to run...
graphic

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George

Which is the best way to get inside the casing of the microwave to inspect or replace the parts that are faulty?

Regards ***** *****

Below is an image of the casing and the screws... Once the screws are undone, slide the casing backwards..

Be careful not to touch the cables from the Capacitor to the Magnetron.

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George

Sorry it has a while to reply, but I have had to wait until the weekend to have a look at the microwave.

Thanks for the information, but upon investigation it was none of the internal parts that were faulty - the hinged side of the door was fouling on the inside of the cabinet housing when the door was opened.I have now fitted a thin spacer between the inside of the cabinet and the side of the microwave which has solved the problem with the push button and the door opens fine now.

Thanks for your help - Carl

Excellent Carl, it is for this exact reason that I suggested you inspect the parts for damage or breakages first, to prevent the purchasing of unnecessary parts.

We can only advise on the information you supply us, and in this case the stiff door opening button was the issue at hand.

regards
George