KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a ZWD1270S washer/dryer which has served me well

Customer Question

Hello. I have a ZWD1270S washer/dryer which has served me well for over 8 years. Recently, however, the dryer will only work once in a while (when it feels like it). The drum turns slowly, alternating directions, but there is no 'whooshing' sound of air blowing in. After approximately 10 minutes of this, it stops, flashes "E10" and beeps continuously until I switch it off. I have had an engineer look at it several times - the condensing unit and a sensor have been replaced, and the engineer has now given up. £100 spent so far and still no solution. Please can you help?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... E10 error code indicates a bad inlet valve or a blocked condenser unit for the dryer .... you will have to check the condenser and make sure it is not blocked ... to do this you have to unplug the appliance, remove the top and then rear half of the dryer ... check the condenser and make sure to clean it completely, also check the inlet valve ... after cleaning if the error returns it is due to bad inlet valve which has to be replaced
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. I called the engineer back, reporting your advice. As mentioned, the condenser unit had already been replaced. The engineer was certain it wasn't the inlet valve causing the problem, but offered to change it if I wanted (parts and labour being around £90, and no guarantee of success). Having already spent £100 trying to fix it, I declined and have now ordered a new machine. Thank you, anyway.

As I said that is what the error code indicates ... sorry about this... Thanks