Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

How do you replace the door seal on my model number wa7212

Customer Question

How do you replace the door seal on my model number wa72125
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you tell me the Make and the product code from the label inside the door opening please
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Gorenje model WA72125
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ replacing the seal is a sod of a job on these so let me take you through in stages.
Firstly give yourself plenty of room to work around the appliance. a. Remove the top of the washing machine (power and water off please)
b. With a thin screwdriver remove the outer steel band that is located in the door seal front groove (ie near the door side.)
c. remove the door seal from the front panel and fold it back.
d. Looking down from above you will see a spring that fits into the rear groove that holds the seal onto the front edge of the tub assembly. Hook this out, its is very tight and is better if you have someone to help you. Once this is off remove the seal.
Replacement is the reverse of the above making sure that the drain holes in the seal itself are at the bottom. It is not a technical job more a case of having extra hands and not losing your temper.
Would you now kindly rate the information given to you by using the smiley faces below, once done, all further questions are on a free of charge basis.