Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Should the top oven get above 100 deg ehen only bottom oven

Customer Question

should the top oven get above 100 deg ehen only bottom oven on
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ just do this for me will you, can you turn the main oven up to 50c and then when this is reached tell me what the temperature is in the top oven. What I am trying to do is establish if the top oven elements are coming on when the bottom oven (only) is being used.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Main oven only starts at 80 deg. Done test and top oven reached 29.6deg. But my question was should top oven go over 100deg. when not on. As this means it is hotter than the lower temperature setting on the top oven.

Don't disagree with the statement however the fact is that if you set the lower oven at say 200C then by convection & conduction the top oven will get hot and unless the insulation was about 3 inches (75mm) thick between the oven cavities (which it isn't) then I'm afraid Hotpoints advice is correct.