Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Beko frost free freezer i have had than two

Customer Question

I have a Beko frost free freezer i have had for less than two years. I came home today to find my freezer is defrosting the food inside even though the motor is still running. can you help me?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If you feel the compressor at the back at the bottom is it hot to touch?

Also is the fridge section working still?
If you remove the baskets inside the freezer is there ice or frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no the compressor is not hot to touch and i have removed the baskets in the freezer and there is no ice or frost at the back. It is just a freezer and not a fridge freezer

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok thats fine. The good thing is if the compressor isnt hot then i dont think its a system fault.

If this is just a freezer then the evaporator unit will be at the top.

What you need to do on this is empty the freezer and then turn it off for 24 hours and keep the freezer door open.
This will allow the ice on the evaporator to melt itself. As what can happen on these is the evaporator builds up with too much ice and this stops the air flow around the freezer so it starts to loose the cooling in there.

After the defrost turn it back on and retry it and fingers crossed this cure the fault from there.

Then just see how it goes from there. If after a few weeks it does the same again then theres a fault on the auto defrost side on this which could be either the derfost heater or thermal cut out so for either you would need to access the evapoator unit by removing the panels in there and test them with a multi meter to see if any are faulty.

But try the 24 hour defrost first and see how it goes from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.