KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a creda 1000 that does not spin, the machine goes

Hi i have a creda 1000 that does not spin, the machine goes through cycle but motor is not turning,
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... please tell me its complete model number and age of this appliance, when were the brushes for motor replaced ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

W100FW the brushes have never been changed, i estimate the age to be around 7 years.

Thanks for that... so it will wash perfectly fine and then it will stop and wont spin ? and you see that the motor is not turning ? can you take the motor brushes... if they are worn out then try replacing them ... if those are fine then it can be due to bad motor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have the brush out, it does seem quite worn but still has some tension in it, i will order some now and give them a try.

thanks

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Kevin

i fitted the brushes, unfortunately it still doesnt work, think i might just buy a new machine, thanks for efforts anyway.

Oh, sorry about that ... its probably the motor then that is bad and will need replacement.