Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Hotpoint Aquarius HMF 560 Is producing a damp musty

Hi, my Hotpoint Aquarius HMF 560 Is producing a damp musty smell and has lots of black developing on door seals . I have tried all the supermarket cleaners, washing soda, bleach but it still smells.can you give any advice please.
Mary Bain
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries. Hi Mary this is a fungus that grows within your washing machine. You can quite often get the black marks off the door seal by putting bleach on the rubber surface and leaving it there for a couple of hours and when putting the rinse cycle to flush it away. The fungus grows because these days we don't do hot washes and it flourish in the warm humid environment. The way to kill it off is to, once month put a scoop of biological washing powder (has to be biological) and put the washer through a boil or the hottest wash you can. The mould cannot survive above 60 degrees C. You will have to do this every month or the mould will come back. So to reiterate, Bio powder (has to be powder liquid doesn't work) 90c plus wash no clothes once a month.
Would you now kindly rate my service to you using the smiley faces below, once done all further questions are on a free of charge basis.