Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have FZA84, red light is on, my food has defrosted

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Is the compressor at the back running?
Is it hot to touch?
Also is the freezer fully defrosted now?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is a motor running, Freezer fully defrosted, not hot to tuch.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok empty the freezer and look at the back wall inside the freezer and at the bottom do you see any ice or frost on the back wall there?

Also when you say you can hear a motor is it the compressor or the fan inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is probably the fan that I hear, it stops when I open the door, and starts when I close it,,no ice or frost, the frezzer is cold but not enought to freeze anything,, I need to go out in 15 mins.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok what you need to do when you have time is either full empty the freezer and then from there remove the plastic panel at the back inside the freezer.

Behind there is the evaporator. If this is covered in ice you need to use a hairdryer and fully melt the ice in there. As too much ice can form in there and the this stops the airflow in the freezer abd causes the fault you have now.

Once clear refit the panel and retry the freezer and fingers crossed this will cure the fault you have here.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel, I have removed back panel, and there was quite a lot of ice which I removed with a hair dryer as you suggested. replaced panel and switched on, red light is still on after about 2 hours the condenser at the back ( bottom of Freezer) is warm but not burny hot.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If you have melted all the ice in there then it can take several hours to get back to working temperture as its a big appliance.

So see how it goes and it should turn the red light off and be back to normal.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel, light is still on,,think I need a new freezer.