Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Danial, my Zanuusi fridge freezer, z 56/3, has been building

Customer Question

Hi Danial,
my Zanuusi fridge freezer, z 56/3, has been building up a lot of ice in the freezer. I defrosted it thoroughly over several days and dusted the black coil on the reverse of the cabinet. But when I turned it back on it started making a sort of whistling wind sound and one side of the coils on the back seem to be really heating up. Also the condenser seems to be very hot. Are these symptoms anything to worry about safety wise? Many thanks, Duncan
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - would you give me the pnc or product code for this appliance please. It will be on the rating label and is not the model number kindly given above.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian,

thanks for your response. The following info is printed on the barcode label on the fridge:

79gr R600a 2588165830800205 ZANUSSI KBF277

Cheers,

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

If the condenser is getting hot at one side but slowly getting cooler as you move across it then the unit is working correctly. You will notice as it gets nearer to it operating temperatures that the coils will get slightly cooler and it obviously wont be running for as long. Its working normally. Would you now kindly rate my advice to you using the smiley faces below, once done, all further questions are free of charge. Thanks for using JA. ~~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for you answer Ian. Do you think the swirling sound is anything to worry about?

Systems using R600a are normally noisier than there earlier models, just keep an eye on the temperature for the next couple of days and come back to me if you think you have a problem. I would suggest that it is just a fan that has now started to run at full speed now you have defrosted it. Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks again Ian, very much obliged.

Cheers,

Duncan

Your most welcome.