George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We've got a Hotpoint dishwasher, serial number###-##-####

Hi, We've got a Hotpoint dishwasher, serial number###-##-####36563960900, which we bought in November 2011. We've never had any problems with it but now the start button has gone stiff, although both the lights come on. The three lights on the right-hand side flash on and then off and the "on pause" button is flashing that it's paused. This button is also stiff and won't allow it to be pushed to start the machine. Do you think it's repairable? Thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

The 3 flashing lights is indicating that the "Module has detected no Turbine rotation"
1. Check the wiring and wiring and check turbine for blockages.
2. Also check behing the switch for burnt wires or circuitry.

Let me know what you find

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George. I don't think I was very clear in my first message. The three lights on the right hand side only flashed on and then went off straight away. They're not flashing on and off continuously which is what I think you meant in your reply.

Ok, I understand.. what you are saying is that the appliance went through its start procedure and then when you went to press the Start button it started flashing.. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George, I press the On/Off button, the Start/Pause button comes on, the Wash, Drying and End buttons come on. After about 3 seconds, the Wash, Drying and End buttons all go off. The Start/Pause button is flashing as though it's ready to go but when it's pushed, nothing happens.

The part you need to repair or replace is C00260833 .. before you buy a new one, take out the old on and see it the button/switch needs cleaning.

The only other time that the Start/Pause button will flash on its own is when the module has not detected temperature increase in 60 minutes.

regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George, it's working! We took out the top section and cleaned round the switch. No mean feat when you haven't got a clue what you're doing. Thanks for all your help.

Excellent news... Glad to hear it

Please rate the assistance given by me