Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

All- my bosch washer keeps getting code no. e18. I have

hello all- my bosch washer keeps getting code no. e18. I have carried out the remedy suggestions as printed in the brochure that camewith the machine,but to no avail. Where can I locate the drainage hose at the siphon? The washer model is Bosch exxel 7 vario which was purchased in Dec.1st 2011 I look forward to your advices. Thank you, ***** ***** email;***@******.***
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

E18 is a draining error code.

If you have removed the filter and cleaned this then did you check the pump impeller in there isnt jammed up?

Remove the filter again and this time look inside the chamber were the filter goes and in there you will see the pump impeller X shape. Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming it up as the impeller should ping round in stages.

If thats clear then you need to check the drain hose. What they mean by siphon is the part the drain hose goes to.
If the drain hose goes under a sink then remove the hose from the spigot under the sink and then remove the spigot as well and check there isnt anything stuck in there blocking it up.

Once all thats clear refit it and retry the washer and fingers crossed this cures it.

If not then just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello expert, thank you for your reply. However, on my washer model the siphon referred to seems to be deep inside the washer.. I have carried out all of the tasks referred to,and still get the code e18. It seems that I will have wait for the Bosch technician tomorrow to resolve the problem. Thank you for your suggestions. Maurice Allen

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok what model washer is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello Daniel T- the washer model Exxel 7 vario perfect. I have again inspected the drain hose,etc.and no joy.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Sorry i need the model number please.

Are you able to open the door? If so then there will be a sticker on the inside with the details on it. The model number will start E-nr

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello again.model no.E- NRWAQ24460GB/06 FD 9109 000602 Maurice

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

There is no siphon deep inside the washer as the manual wont tell you to check parts inside the washer as they dont do that.

What they mean by siphon is as i said above. Its the part that the hoses pushes onto under a sink if it does go under a sink. Thats what they mean as theres no siphon inside the washer anywere.

But if the hose is clear and the filter and pump isnt blocked then its either a blocked sump hose or pump.

If you set it going on a spin cycle can you hear the pump at the bottom running?
If not then is there a slight humming noise from it?