donbolina
donbolina, Mechanic
Experience:  Expert in Refrigeration @ air-conditioning
70147388

My lg fridge freezer water dispenser stopped working after

My lg fridge freezer water dispenser stopped working after I changed the water inline filter! Any suggestions please?
Expert:  donbolina replied 1 year ago.
To determine if the water supply tube is frozen, disconnect the tube at the bottom of the door and blow air through it. If air does not pass through, this indicates that the water supply tube is frozen. If the water supply tube is frozen, thaw it out. In addition, ensure that the freezer is kept at the proper temperature. The freezer temperature should be kept from 0-10 degrees Fahrenheit. If the freezer is too cold, the water line may freeze.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have checked the water feed into the back of the fridge freezer and that is ok. The small pipe with clear valve/ joiner did not have any water in it apart from a tiny trickle that ran out. I tried blowing and sucking on both pipes at the front and nothing happened, it felt blocked both ways. The longer of the 2 pipes had small amounts of water come out when I sucked really hard.
Does this mean the pipe in the freezer is frozen, and I need to empty it, turn it all off and turn it back on again? If I do will it clear the frozen pipe and stay unfrozen when I turn it back on?
Spencer
Expert:  donbolina replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes absolutely your pipe was blocked. so you to unfrozen this tubing make this dispenser operational. make sure your temp setting is 0 to 10 deg. F. and also you water pressure is around 20psi.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ive noticed the ice dispenser keeps topping up when the ice is used. Is it possible the water pipe is frozen but the ice worker keeps working?