Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My dishwasher is not releasing the tablet during washing c

Customer Question

my dishwasher is not releasing the tablet during washing cycle
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Is the dishwasher still completeing the wash cycle ok other then the tablet lid not opening?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes running the cycle but because no tablet released contents are not clean

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok this is more then likely a faulty dispenser unit here. To check you need to remove the wooden door and then remove the outer metal door panel.

From there you will see the back of the dispenser unit. Check the wires are still attched on there. If so then you need a multi meter to test the dispenser. On there were the wires go to is a coil. Test the coil for resistance and if faulty then the dispenser unit needs to be replaced to cure this fault.

But to be honest with you if you use tablets then you dont need to use the dispenser unit. Just pop the tablet into the cutlery basket and set it going and this will work just fine.
Not many people replace dispensers because if you put the tablet in the basket then this works just as good as the tablet only dissolves durning the wash when the water is hot so if you use a prewash it doesnt matter as it wont dissolve the tablet then anyway.

This way can say you about £50 but if you want to use the dispenser then you need to replace it from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.