KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a LG flat screen TV. when we tried to switch it in this

I have a LG flat screen TV. when we tried to switch it in this morning the red light flashed for a few seconds the switched off again
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... flashing light indicates a error code, please get back with the full model number and let me know how many times does the red light flash.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good afternoon

light flashes twice then switches off again

Model no. 42PT353K-ZA

Thanks for that ... the problem is with the power board that might need replacement, the most common problem is the capacitors on this board which fail due to surge. If the tv is old then replace the board instead of replacing the caps only. Board replacement will cost around £110 including labor.____________________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks