Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch vacuum cleaner BSG8PRO01/15 vacuum has got really loud.

Customer Question

Bosch vacuum cleaner BSG8PRO01/15 vacuum has got really loud. Not possible to use on maximum strength as it sounds as if it is going to explode
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

When you use it on the lower strength is it still picking up ok?

Also have you tried swapping the bag over with a new one?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is picking up, not quite as well as before. The bag is virtually empty as I changed it recently.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok thats fine. Just checking as sometimes if the bag is full this can cause it to be loud as well.

For this what you ned to do is remove the bag again and were it pushes onto the nozzel inside the vacume feel in there and check theres nothing blocked in there.
Also check the hose as well as if theres a restriction in there this can cause the noise.

But if all thats clear and theres nothing blocked up in there then the motor will be the fault here im afraid.
But replacing the motor isnt worth it as you can get a new vacume cheaper then actually buying a new motor im afraid.

So check the hose and the nozzel which the bag pushes onto and check theres nothing stuck in there and if thats all ok then you are left with just the motor here im afraid which can fail like this.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks though the vacuum detail says that the compressor should last a lifetime. Is the compressor the same as the motor?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

A compressor is like a pump so vacume cleaners dont have them.

Also ive never heared any manufactory say a motor lasts a live time as they dont. As they have parts in there that can ware and fail so i dont think they mean the motor.

Does it say this in the manual?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Checked again and it says long life compressor made in Germany rather than life long!
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Just checked this myself as well on the service site and what the mean by the compressor is the way the motor works so they do mean the motor itself.

So if theres no blockage in there then its the motor and this does carry a 10 year warrenty so get in touch with Bosch and they will replace the motor for free for you.

But make sure the hose is all clear first as thats the only place it can block on on a canister vacumm cleaner.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Daniel,

Your email arrived at the perfect time. Unfortunately I can't find my original query using the link you have given.

I have been in touch with Bosch and they have confirmed that there is a 10 year warranty but their help desk said that it is probably not the motor if the vacuum still has some suction. The help desk is not however manned by a technical expert. If they come out and it is not the motor I would have to pay £94 for the visit. I have eliminated all other likely causes and know that there is something wrong with the motor but is it motor failure? What would you do?

I would really appreciate your help.

Debby
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Its a hard one when they say that as all manufacories say this. But untill they call out and confirm its the motor then its a hard one.

But if you have eliminated every thing and the suction is fine and theres no blockage in there then thats all it can be. As they saying its not the motor if there is suction, thats not the case in a noisy motor. As theres bearings in the motor that can fail so they can go noisy and still work so what the say isnt correct for a noisy motor.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help. I will follow up again. I have lost faith in Bosch.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI,

Bosch now say that a vacuum doesn't come with a 10 year warranty -you said that you could see this on their service centre -can you send me the link please?

thanks

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok ive found it. If you click the link below and you will see it. Scroll down to the details and it does say 10 year motor warrenty on there.

Click here

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks very much. You are a super star!