KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Front Loader WF0804W8E 8kg 1400rpm Ecobubble Washing Machine

Front Loader
WF0804W8E 8kg 1400rpm Ecobubble Washing Machine not following the program properly & not spinning
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer ... have you already tried to clean the drain pump/filter ? Please let me know how old is it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kevin, the w/m is about 2 years old. It seems to work ok until towards the end when the timer has say 7 min left then either is stuck on the time & we have to stop the w/m otherwise goes for ever. Or the time just jumps up to say 15min & so on. The water is drained but it does not spin at 1400 rpm so the cloth is very damp but the water has been drained. I have put on spin option only as well but no fast spinning. So two issues which may be linked, time & spin! Note that it just started together suddenly yesterday out of the blue.
Hope there is enough clue for you here.
Thanks & regards, Frank
Frank, with the washer unplugged pull it out and clean the drain pump/filter completely ... after this is done remove the top off and locate the pressure switch then clean the thin hose attached to it ... it should work after this is done, let me know how it goes_______________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kevin, the filter is in front of the w/m which was clean. I found the tube that goes to the pressure valve ( I think) blew into it & was free from any obstruction. I ran the w/m again & gain all is fine till 7 min to the end when it needs to spin at 1400rpm but it spins normally (rather rotating not spinning). The timer stays on 7min. Again on spin option after switching the machine off & on, which is 11min long cycle, got down to 7min & same old story. Note that when I open the filter section there is quite a bid of water (3 or 4 cup full). Any thoughts?
Regards,
Frank
Frank, sorry about the delay in answering ... their is a blockage in the pump, with the washer unplugged you will have to pull it out then remove the top and back off .... then gain access to the drain pump and clean it completely, also clean the hoses attached to it ... fingers crossed this should solve the issue, let me know how it goes._______________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kevin, thanks for you response but as stated earlier, the filter & the pressure tube are clean. There must be a switch which triggers the spin which seems not activating for whatever reason. The clue must be the spin & the timer which gets stuck at 7 min!!!
No joy yet.
Frank
Frank, that is the pressure switch which is already clean so the problem is either that switch or the control board itself that is bad