George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hotpoint Washing machine Ultima S- line SWMD 8237. When set

Customer Question

Hotpoint Washing machine Ultima S- line SWMD 8237. When set on Spin/Rinse/Pump Out will not spin or discharge water. Have checked for blockage at the sink end and it is clear.
Machine new only purchased about 2 months old.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello Gordon, my name is George..

Please turn off the power to the pump and remove the plinth/kick panel at the base of the front.. You will see the access to the filter housing there. You can access the interior of the pump housing there to look for items preventing the impellor of the pump reotating, or blockages within the pump.

Before you do this, it is advisable to use the drain hose at the rear to try drain off any water within the appliance into a bucket.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.