Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

RL38SBSW model, fridge freezer. We cannot remove bulb cover

Customer Question

RL38SBSW model, fridge freezer. We cannot remove bulb cover to replace the bulb. Can you help please
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hello,I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need help withthis?Ifso, I will try to locate some information on this for you.ThanksRob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please. I have followed the instruction manual but the bulb cover wil not budge .
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
On some of these, there is a screw that holds the cover on first.Can you send me a picture of the fitting?ThanksRob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have you received image, if not let me know
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi ThanksThere are at least three versions of this. I have no idea why they kept changing it.However, please go herehttp://www.buyspares.co.uk/fridge-freezer/rl38sbsw-rl38sbsw1xeu/lamp-cover/product.pl?pid=1936189&path=441775,111066&refine=lamp&model_ref=1218250In the second picture you will see there is a tab at the back, not on the sides!!You need to release this to get the cover off Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore helpThanksRob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Rob, we saw tabs at front and had to use screwdriver to lever loose and thank goodness it didn't break. Thanks again. Seems such a silly design.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
HiWell doneThanks for letting me knowRob