Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Bosch integrated fridge. One of the hinges

Customer Question

I have a Bosch integrated fridge. One of the hinges has broken which prevents me from opening the fridge more than about 25 degrees so that I cannot get at the screws to take off the hinges. Is there a release mechanism or how do I open the door fully?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.I think you may need to un install this to be able to get to the hinges.Do you have the model number?ThanksRob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

uninstalling the fridge will not help me to get at the hinge fixing which can only be accessed if the fridge door can be opened. The fridge is a Bosch KUR15A40GB/04 with FD9002.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Has the hinge completely snapped? Is it the top?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There are no visible signs of anything being broken but there is total resistance to the door being opened more than about 25 degrees. I have removed the wooden facade and there is no visible sign of the door being obstructed by anything externally - it can only be something inside one of the hinges but I cannot determine which hinge or what it is that's preventing the door from opening.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
OK. I know this model and I know these hinges, now I have the model number.The hinges are overly complicated and prone to failing, sorry. Please go herehttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-BOSCH-INTERGRATED-FRIDGE-FREEZER-DOOR-HINGES-KUR15A40GB-04-KUR15A50FF-01-/191285390882This is what they look like.I am afraid you have no option but to force the door open. This will break or damage the hinge, and it will then need to be replaced. Personally I would replace both at the same time !!Sorry there isnt a magic fix on this for you, please dont shoot the messenger!!Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore helpThanksRob