Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I am caring brothers house, put in some washing

Hi. I am caring for my brothers house, put in some washing but the door wont open..I tried running it through a spin cycle hoping the lock would clear at the end but that is half an hour ago and it is still locked. Help! It is a hoover optima, I think about 2 years old. I cant get in touch with them and I go home tomorrow evening.

?

Is any one there?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Can you post the model number please. Its usually printed in small letters on the plastic control panel.

Also is the washer full of water still?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oph 614.It completed the cycle, water spun and I also ran a spin program thinking that would allow the door to open after the usual waiting time

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok if it has drained the water out then turn the washer off at the socket and wait 2 minutes and see if this open the door.

If not then give the door handle a good bang with the side of your fist and see if thi shocks the door into opening.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Daniel. Could not get to socket but gave it a bang and it has opened. You clever man!

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Nice one. This is a sticking door lock so your brothermay know this and just gives it a bang once finsihed to get it open.

But just use as normal and if it sticks again give it a bang but in the long run this will probberly need to have the door lock replaced to cure this.

But if you need anymore info just get back to me.