Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My dishwasher empties and lets water in ok but will not start

my dishwasher empties and lets water in ok but will not start washing, likely cause please?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If the dishwasher is filling but not washing and just buzzing then this is down to the wash motor im afarid.

Theres 2 things that can cause this. Either the motor itself or the capacitor. As the capacitor gives the motor the boost it needs to start washing.

Access the wash motor and next to this is the capacitor. Its the silver cylinder with a few wires on there. You can try and replace this and see if this cures it. But if not then the wash motor is the fault here and will need to be replaced.

But to be honest with you 8 times out of 10 for this fault its the wash motor itself that causes this as we do replace loads of them on these.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.