Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Beco Tumble Dryer DCU 9330 internal light has started

Customer Question

Hi, my Beco Tumble Dryer DCU 9330 internal light has started flashing every time i open the door. It didn't do this when i first bought it. It is a regular flashing not intermittent. Any ideas please?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Is the dryer still working ok other then the light inside flashing?
Do you get any of the lights on the front flashing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes the dryer is working fine apart from the flashing light. None of the lights on the front are flashing and i clean the internal filter after each use and the other filter once a month or so.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok this could be just a bad connectionon the bulb in there.

As the bulb is just like a fridge bulb. What you need to do is pop your head inside the dryer and look at the top at the lamp cover and remove it from there.

Then from there you can tighten the bulb in the holder and that should cure it. If its still the same then just check the bulb and replace it.

Check that and see what you find as this is more then likely just the bulb at fault here rather then an electrical fault in there.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we tightened the bulb, but it still flashes. So we removed the bulb, it looks fine, we put it back but the light is still flashing at regular intervals, around twice a second.

Any other ideas please?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok if its still the same then its possibley the lamp holder itself. You need to remove the top panel and the front plastic control panel and there you can access the lamp holder. Check the wiring connection on there and make sure they are fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** and will get back to you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries