Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Where in my De Dietrich American Fridge Freezer - model

Customer Question

Where in my De Dietrich American Fridge Freezer - model DRU102BU1 - purchased 2003 would I find the water filter cartridge. Is it behind the white plastic panel located in the back upper right corner of the refrigerator compartment. And if so, does it
clip out? The water filter has not been working since 2013 as I do not know where it is. The ice machine works. Many thanks Yvette
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me. I am having trouble locating that model number.Can you tell me which country this was purchased in?ThanksRob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased this appliance through Keymex of 59-61 Bell Street, Reigate, RH2 7AQ pack in September 2003. On the back of the appliance it says made in Mexico.Is that of any help?Yvette
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi YvetteThanks, ***** ***** UK. Let me check and Ill come back to youRob
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi YvetteIt would seem that this unit does not have a water filter cartridge.I suspect that the inlet valve has failed and that is the trouble here.Its not the easiest thing to replace, sorry Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore helpThanksRob