George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Bosch exxcel 1200 express.

Customer Question

Hi i have a bosch exxcel 1200 express. When i turn it on the water starts and then all that happens is clicking noises and sometime the digital cycle skips minutes, any ideas ? It was working fine however i was having trouble with my tumble dryer tripping the electricity and i am wondering could this have knocked it out of cycle or something.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you please supply the model information (ENR & FD)... This can be found on a label inside the door opening.

Also, are there any flashing led's or noises?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bosch exxcel 1200 express maxx some of the code is missing on the inside of the door but this is what i can see..e-no..wf02465gb/o..d8305601328 the ....dots are either letters or numbers which are faded. There are no error messages just the time of cycle as per normal and the only noises i can hear are the usual water flowing sound and the timer clicking but nothing happens
Can you tell me; does the water sound stop? and then everything go quiet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes after the water stops all you can hear is the timer clicking and sometimes the digital time skips but nothing else happens
Then Allison, the issue is with your motor...

The motor may require new carbon brushes.. (Check the condition and change if necessary) or

The TOC inside the motor may be at fault (Contact an engineer)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what does toc mean

TOC is an acronym for Thermal Overload Cutout; it is essentially a heat activated fuse

In most cases the continuity of the TOC remains in tact and the motor just requires replacement brushes