KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My 90cm oven, model number H5981BP, will not heat above 160

Customer Question

My 90cm oven, model number H5981BP, will not heat above 160 degrees.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... This indicates an open/shorted oven temperature sensor which needs replacement. If you want to be sure before replacing the sensor then you can test it with a voltmeter for around 1100ohms....if it reads more than this then it needs replacement however, if the reading is around or less then 1100ohms then it is the control board that needs replacement.____________________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your reply Kevin. It seems the sensor is fine. I think the problem may lie in the touch-sensitive menu on the right which doesn't permit me to increase or decrease the temperature. It seems to lock up after about one or two presses of + or - . Not sure if it's damaged or there is a way to reset it? (the menu on the right seems to work fine).

Soula

Soula, thanks for the information ... it seems that the control is going bad and needs replacement