KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My machine has an H24 fault showing

Customer Question

My machine has an H24 fault showing
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... this is not a valid error.. h24 means 24hour delay...unplug the unit and plug it back after 2-3 minutes...simultaneously press and hold the Start button for around 10 seconds to reset it ... if this wont work please get back with its complete model number.________________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Kevin, tried this and no luck. Model #SMS6308AU.

OK then keep on pressing the + or - button until it says h00 ...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I do this the Screen comes up CL and reverts to the fault h24 when I let the plus or minus button go

You dont have to press and hold the + or - ... just keep on pressing + or - until it says h00 ... unfortunately these are the only two ways to reset the control and it always work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried again as you suggest but as I said before the CL comes up each time no matter how quick I do this and the h24 does not alter so may be time to call a technician to physically look at it

CL is child lock which can be deactivated by pressing and holding the START for few seconds ... you can leave the dishwasher unplugged for few hours ... then try the above procedure again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Left the machine unplugged overnight and tried again but the program is all locked up. Still the same response as above. h24 showing and when I press any button it comes up with the CL. Press the start key for three or four seconds and it does not clear the fault and press the plus or minus key and instead of the number decreasing it still shows the CL sign.

The problem is usually resolved by following the above procedure. if it is still there then you will have to replace the control board
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have made arrangements for a local technician to look at this as it looks like the control board is frozen. Thanks.

OK, If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Technician came in today and turned the dishwasher on. He checked and got the same thing I was getting then, pressed the top left hand rectangular button which has a key symbol above it for 8-10 seconds and cleared the lock, then the delay was able to be cleared back to h00 and it reset the machine. He said pushing the start button for 3-4 seconds will reset the machine but not clear the Child lock.

Glad its sorted