George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an iq300 SIemens fridge/freezer.The fridge part

Customer Question

HI I have an iq300 SIemens fridge/freezer. The fridge part isn't cooling, but the freezer is fine. The fridge part makes a soft click/clucking sound every hour or so.

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you please supply the ENR & FD of the appliance.. This will be on the date label inside the fridge compartment of the appliance.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George, what is ENR and FD? I looked on the doors but didn't notice any glued on labels with numbers

Hello Michael, the contact information you have requested is below:

Please look at the side or behind the salad bowls in the fridge compartment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The fridge is built in so the sides are inaccessible unless I pull it out from the cabinet and off it's short raised wood base.

The ENR kg33nx74gb/06 FD 9106

That's the one... Thanks

Good to speak to you.. Also check at the top of the freezer for ice above the top panel
graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

SO there's nothing connecting the 0144 cowling plastic to the 0143 or 0140?

It all seems to be a single unit. are either of the 43 or 44 plugged into the back wall somehow? If I pull the whole assembly towards me, will it come out as a unit?

Look at the front end of 1044 for screws or retaining pins as holes are shown in the cover on the diagram... But, 0144 is just a cover and should come off on its own..

0143 however, is the defrost heater and is wired to the electrics of the appliance..

0140 is fixed to the appliance.. This is the evaporator and it is where the coolant flows, so be careful not to damage it.

Here is a better image that includes the fan you are looking for (Highlighted in yellow)

graphic

Be careful that it is not ice that is holding the parts together... If it is, then this will need defrosting before removal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI George,

Is it possible the fan is spinning backwards? It seems to be blowing all the air into the freezer compartment, instead of into the fridge.

I wouldnt be able to tell unless I was actually there Michael.. It is very doubtful.

Does the appliance seem to be cooling now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, the freezer is cooling but not the fridge. The coils are covered in frost now, which wasn't the case before the repair... so I suspect the defrost wire isn't providing current.

As you said the plugs are keyed so I must have it on the right one.

The fan is definitely spinning and blowing air into the freezer area.

Frost is ok.. it will do that .. It is when the frost builds to become thick that the problems start. If you do start to get thisck frost/snow, or ice.. then you will need to check the defrost heater and fuse

What is the temperature in each compartment at the moment ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI George, yes we have thick frost. When You had me pull out the assembly two days ago. there was no frost on the coils, but we had a huge block of ice blocking the duct near the coils.

So I suspect the defrost heater was somehow made inoperative during our previous repair. I tried unplugging/replugging it in just an hour ago, but the frost remains, so it's not working.

You mentioned you didn't have a wiring diagram, but that the block was keyed so plugging in should be the problem. The fan and lights work, so if the fuse is blown, it must be for the heater only? If you tell me where the fuse is I can pull it out and check. Also happy to talk via Skype again if you like.

Look at the picture above:

0139 - is a Temperature Sensor
0147 - is the Thermal Fuse
0153 - is an NTC

Use a multimeter to check they are working

Check that there is no ice blocking the conduit to the fridge... Take off the panels in the fridge and check that area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The freezer door wasn't closing enough for the little rubber tab to fully depress the freezer door switch. I'm hoping that accounts for the frost on the coils.

Also, I'd mounted the freezer back panel dcuting after putting on the upper cowling, so there wasn't a seal in the back. I've corrected both and waiting to see if that helps.

well done :)