Model No. is GR-B218JUDA.
LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING YOUR ANSWER.
.Ok Martyn, but first I need to find put some information from you... Information that may be relative to any adverse cause of this.
Can you tell me a few things:
1. Is this a condition that is constant?
2. Does the compressor seem to stay running for long periods?
3. Is there any ice or frost forming at the rear of the freezer baskets on the inner wall of the freeze?
4. Can you hear or feel the fan rotating inside the back panel behind the freezer baskets?
5. What is the temperature inside the fridge and the freezer sections.
6. Is the floor of the refrigerator warm under the salad tray?
There may be a few other questions depending on the answers you give to the preceding ones.
I hope this helps. Martyn
I am sorry George but I cannot accept your answer.
The front panel has never previously been "very hot" (as stated in my original question) during the appliance's life of several years - it is now so hot that I cannot hold my hand on it without fear of burning, and it worries me that it may be a potential fire risk.
Do you have a better explanation, or shall I contact the manufacturer (LG) ?
As you know, in my last reply to you I was not happy with the advice.
I am getting advice from the manufacturer (LG) and I will let you know their answer as soon as I hear from them.