KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

NEFF H5430W0GB microwave oven fails to start when Start button

NEFF H5430W0GB microwave oven fails to start when Start button is pressed.
Deatals:
One sets the time and temperature, presses the Start button, after 3 seconds have elapsed on the clock, it switches off.
What is the reason?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... the problem seems to be with the magnetron that has failed and will need replacement, the cost will be around £100 + labor__________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a new megatron for this model of NEFF microwave oven. It is available from an on - line supplier for £59.50 including VAT and delivery. Is there anything I need to know before I replace the faulty megatron myself?

With regards,

Mike

Mike, as the microwave has high voltage even when turned off we do not recommend anyone who does not have expertise to repair/replace any parts
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Kevin,

Thank you for the warning. I'm a practical engineer with experience in high voltage ignition systems for commercial and other vehicles and consider myself to be capable of changing a faulty magnetron. I also have all the necessary tools and a good AVO-meter.

I was expecting a practical answer, like what to look out for, what terminals to isolate, which to leave alone. All in one sentence please.

Thanks and regards,

Mike

Mike, discharge the HV capacitor before you begin with anything on your Microwave ... after this you can replace the magnetron