Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697
Appliance

This question is about a Diplomat ADP8322 integrated dishwasher,

regarding a problem with the... Show More
regarding a problem with the decor door attachment. The dishwasher is about 10 years old and there are no other problems with it - but a couple of days ago the integrated door popped off (it was really difficult to open, there was a horrible noise and then the door came loose.) I thought it was because the connection between the drawer front and the cabinet door had broken (it was just two plastic strips) so repaired it with some screw-on metal plates. However when I try to get the door back on it won't go, it keeps popping off again.
I followed the installation instructions in the manual, which said loosen but don't remove screws 2&4 on the inside (which I did). Then slide the door on while the dishwasher is closed (which I did). Then "hold the decor door on" and open the door flat - at this point no matter how I try to hold the door on, there is a horrible noise and the decor door pulls away from the dishwasher door. I see the loosened screws moving while this is happening.
There is no visible reason why it's not working, can anyone help? It's doing my head!
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.

If the door just wont stay on then its possibley the door strips themselves faulty as the end pieces can ware and then the clamps on the door which the screws go into dont hold the strips in place.

To be honest we do replace loads of them for this fault.

As to fitting the door if you didnt fully remove the screws and just loosed them then worth trying to remove fully as thats how we do it anyway.

But if you have done that already and its just not staying on then you need to replace the door strips and this will cure the fault from there for you.

But there is another way which i have seen done. You can get longer screws and screw then stright into the wooden door panel itself as that will hold it on as well. Ive seen this done a lot. But just make sure the screws are not to long other wise it can come out through the door on the other side.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel T.,

Thanks for your quick response - I have now tried removing the screws completely but it doesn't make a difference.

The plastic strips don't look terribly worn, and are not broken or anything. They feel rough where they have been in contact with the metal clamps inside the door. Is that what you would expect if that is the problem?

Thanks again

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago.
Somtimes the claps can bend out so it doenst make contact proberly in there.

One thing you can try actually is swap them over on the door as that can make a better contact on there if the ends have bent over slightly.

As for the door not to stay on it has to be either the clamps themself or the brackets. And the brackets we replace loads of were as the clamps we very rarely replace.