Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have got a bosh hob. It keeps sparking after the hob is lit

Customer Question

I have got a bosh hob. It keeps sparking after the hob is lit the only time it stops is when you turn the power off. What can be the cause, only just started. Help appreciated
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Do you have the model number of the hob please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Daniel

I have not received your reply about the problem. The info you requested is NCT635PEU/01 and FD8103/0377

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that.

If all the spark leads are sparking what you need to do is unplug the hob and remove all the burners from there.

Then you will see the white spark leads. Give each one a wipe with a dry cloth.
Then you need to get a hair dryer and heat each spark lead up as sometimes you can get mositure on the lead and this causes all the leads to spark like this.

So do that and turn it back on and see how it goes from there, Fingers crossed thats sorted it.

But if its still the same after that then its going to be a faulty spark box. This is under the hob so you would need to remove the complete hob top to access this and then you can replace it from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.