George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Belling range cooker and have 2 problems.1) The

I have a Belling range cooker and have 2 problems.
1) The wok burner lights immediately but won't stay lit however long I keep the button pressed in.
2) One of the very small burner covers was lost some time ago. I have bought replacements from various firms but they are always the wrong size, and I can't find any on the Belling website. Any idea where I can source them please?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you give me the model number of the appliance... This can normally be found on a label surrounding the oven.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George I did reply yesterday but here are the details again:

Countryrange 100DFT

Model number###-##-####/p>

Serial number(###) ###-####/p>

Hello Judie,

Although I can find many Countryrange 100DFT models on the system I can not find the###-##-####model.. Please double check the last few numbers of the model you gave me.. You may be right and it may just not be listed, however, double check anyway.

I will answer both of your queries in the format that you have presented them as this may aid you;

1. The reason that the Wok burner will not stay alight following release of the depressed knob is a failure of the Thermocouple to activate a 30mv charge to the valve... This could simply be a bad earthing of the thermocouple, or it could be that the thermocouple needs replacing.

2. Suppliers of the parts should be left to the manufacturers.. The manufacturers of the brand name Belling are:
Glen Dimplex Home Appliances Ltd
Stoney Lane, Prescot
Merseyside L35 2XW

Customer Care 0844(###) ###-####/strong>
Open 8-6pm Mon-Friday, 8:30-2pm Sat & 10-2pm Sun

In both cases, I would suggest contacting the manufacturer of the appliance who in this case can supply you with both the correct 'Small Burner Cap' for your appliance, and with service to the failing Thermocouple.

Please be kind enough to rate the assitance given by me

Hello Judie,

The system is showing that you have sent me a response but I cannot see the response you have send for some reason..

Can you please re-send the response & kindly rate the assitance given by me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George

Thanks for this and for being so prompt. Knowing ab out the thermocouple is helpful. I had already contacted the manufacturer however and they were unable to help me with the spare burner cover so I am still at a loss for that one!

Judie

What did the manufacturer say about the Burner Cap?

Also, how old is the appliance?
Is it a UK Model?

Can you check the model number for me please.The model number is ***** to getting the correct part; yet I cannot find a trace pf that model number in the system.

There will be a Gas Council number on a plate on the rear of the appliance .. If you can get to that and either give me the details from it.

I will try contact the manufacturers and speak to them today about this.

regards
George

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George

The model number is###-##-#### It is a UK supplied and fitted model about 3-4 years old.

The supplier said they didn't stock the burner caps and were not helpful in finding someone who did. I have had 3 different ones through e-spares, none of which is right!

I'm afraid there is no wy I can see behind the cooker as it is plumbed in and immoveable by me.

Cheers!

Thank you for getting the correct number for me... I have now located the parts information for your appliance...

The Range is a Currys Exclusive 100cm Dual Fuel Range cooker.. This is where the problems begin..
Although the Range was only introduced in 2010, the burner caps where changed in October of the same year.. So, it is down to the manufacture date of your appliance.

Nevertheless, the two types of burner cap are distinctly different according to the information.. Different part numbers and different finishes:

082957803 BURNERCAP aux(serie3) (blk matt) (Before 13/10/2010)
083072600 BURNERCAP aux (blk gloss) (After 13/10/2010)

Notwithstanding this, the later of the two,###-##-####has a dimple in the center of it according to the images I have seen.

Please take your time to now rate the assistance I have given thus far

regards