adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Just Answer Moderator
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

Can you tell me where the four 12v wires ( thick black thick

Customer Question

can you tell me where the four 12v wires ( thick black thick red thin white and thin orange) on a thetford n97 fridge go. should it also light up when on 240 or do both cables need connecting.?this is for a camper conversion wired into a zig unit

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.Are these the wires from the fridge that should be terminated on the terminal block of the fridge, or are these the wires coming from the camper van?ThanksRob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob. The four wires are in the terminal block that I am putting spade connectors on, and the three wires are for the 240.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi ThanksOK, so i am looking for a wiring diagram and there are two versions!!Does yours have two knobs or an lcd display?ThanksRob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob, LCD that doesn't light up on 240 only ??

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
HiOK according to the diagram, there are three connections for the mainsThe MIDDLE one is the earth, but you should be able to see a link to the chasis for this.There is also two fuses located there. One is 3amp the other is 20 amp. Make sure these are both goodRob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob this gets me no further, I know the 3 wires are live neutral and earth, all the fuses are OK, I want to know what the 4 12 volt wires should be wired to

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
HiSorry Im not really understanding what the problem is.However, the diagram I have is showing the red and black as the positive an negative respectively.No sign of the other two.Can you upload a picture of waht you are ssing? Use the paper clip iconRob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There are 2 cables coming off the fridge, one is a block with l,n,e and the other is a block with 4 cables black red and a thinner orange and white, these are for the 12v side.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
HiOK, so you connect the 12v to the black and red (black is - and red is +)apologies for the typos in last message
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's fine I need to know about the thinner orange and brown wire's in regards ***** ***** unit or leisure battery.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
HiThe leisure battery is what you connect to the red and black.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know its the orange and white I need to know

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

According to the diagram, these are not shown as connected, sorry

Ill opt out.

This means that if someone else has any other information, they will respond to you directly.

In the meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as this will lock your question

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Adam, I will wait a while longer as I need an answer. Thanks

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Please understand it is rarefor us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist ourcustomers. We can close this questionand return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request. Please let me know how you wishto proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I hope you will give JustAnswera try again in the future, Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Please could you refund the money at this stage.many thanks.