George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Bosch fridge freezer classixx frostfree. Recently,

I have a Bosch fridge freezer classixx frostfree. Recently, quite a lot of ice has been forming in the floor of the freezer under the bottom of the lowest drawer. It quickly reforms after removal. Both fridge and freezer seem to working OK otherwise. What's happening?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you supply the ENR of the appliance in question .. This will be on the data label inside the fridge compartment.

The problem is that you that you have a blockage in the drain tube leading out to the evaporation tray..

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George,

Sorry to be slow in replying... the ENR is:- KGU34640GB/03

Ian

Yes Ian, the problem is that you that you have a blockage in the drain tube leading out to the evaporation tray from the freezer...

Below is a diagram.. You can see on the diagram that there are 6 points on the pront panel that need detaching, 2 of which are screws. Remove the front panel...

You can thn see that there is a drain hole in the tray behind the front panel.. That hole is blocked... Use a long thin pipe-cleaner or similar object to clean out the hole. Pour a little hot water down the hole afterwards.. (No more than a small cup full)

What is happening is that the hole is blocked, or blocking, with food or ice, and that is causing the water from the defrost cycle to overflow the drain tray as it cannot drain through normal routes...

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks George.

Repair completed and all in working order. Great service!

Ian