Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My caple dishwasher stopped mid cycle left it while opened

my caple dishwasher stopped mid cycle left it for a while opened door discovered water laying in the bottom .
tablet in the cutlery basket.
the dishwasher lights come on unable to change programme.
checked pipe and filter aok.
can u help
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.

Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Can you tell me the model number, and is the water still above the filters?
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model no is d1 414.

I have removed the water from the dishwasher manually with the remainder in the filter hole.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Malcolm
Is there a pump running all the time?

If you try to start a new cycle now, does it do anything?
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When it first started the dishwasher would start and then stop before end of cycle.

When the door was opened their was no sign of water laying in the bottom apart from this time.

The cycle does not start even though the lights are on.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
OK
So right now, the lights on the display all show correctly, you select a wash, close the door, but nothing happens?
If thats the case, first thing to check is the door switch
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The door switch allows me to open & close without a problem.

That's with the lights on.

If that's what you mean by checking the door switch

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
HiNo, sorry i didnt make it clearThere is a switch in the door that detects when the door is open and closed. Otherwise the machine would run with the door open.Turn off the power, remove the outer door panel and with a meter test the switch when the door is open and closed.If it doesnt change, the switch is faulty and will need to be replacedIn the meantime,Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore helpThanksRob
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.