George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

There I have a 1000 watt built in Neff microwave.The stop button has been playing up a

Customer Question

Hi there
I have a 1000 watt built in Neff microwave.The stop button has been playing up and now no longer works.
How might I fix it without having to pay £99 plus parts call out engineer.
model data FD- 8605 E-NR H5642SOGB04
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
The part that is likely at fault is the 'Operating Module' .. This has the small buttons that operate when you press the buttons on the front of the appliance.
You could remove the panel to repair it by replacing the stop button and checking the tracks and components, here is a diagram of its build with the stop button highlighted in yellow.
CLICK HERE FOR IMAGE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alternatively, you could take out a Repair Plan from BSH costing a much lower monthly sum but costing more than your £99 callout in the long run.. This will get you the repair you need and allow you to spread the cost, whilst giving you a 12 month warranty on the full appliance at the same time.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.