Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Caple oven model E88A. The bottom oven has stopped

Hi, I have a Caple oven model E88A. The bottom oven has stopped heating (the top oven still works). When I switch the bottom oven on the lights come on and the fan starts but no heat. What can be the problem?
Thanks!
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If the lights come on and the fan is running then the the heater element in the oven will be the fault.

What you need to do is remove the back panel inside the oven and there you will see the heater element around this fan.
Have a look at this and see if theres any signs or burning on there. If so then you need to replace it.

If it looks ok then you need to remove the heater and test it with a multi meter and see if faulty.

But from the fault you have here this is more then likely the heater for the fan oven at fault here.