George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

HOW CAN i TELL IF AN AQUASTOP HOSE IS FAULTY? i HAVE AN E1

Customer Question

hOW CAN i TELL IF AN AQUASTOP HOSE IS FAULTY? i HAVE AN E1 ERROR BUT ALL HOSES, INLETS ETC APPEAR TO BE OK.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , replace the hose with an ordinary hose and run the machine . if non problems then you know its the aqua stop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had hoped for something a bit more helpful. I have seen info that says that electronic aquastops may have a solenoid that acts as a remote fill valve in which case what you suggest may not answer the question. I was hoping that there was some way of checking without removing the hose (which involves dismantling a significant part of the casing).
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi ,are there wires coming from the back of the machine and into the aqua stop?,ie is it controlled by the machine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The hose is connected out of sight within the machine body but the manual refers to an electronic aquastop and I have looked at replacements on the internet and they include wires and connector at the end of the hose presumably running up to the aquastop.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
OK ,you will need a washing machine guy as it may be a electronic fault . will opt out so they can come in on the question . please be patient may vtake a while to be picked up , thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Please give the appliance model number.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Baumatic freestanding dishwasher Model BDF440SL
Im looking at the Service Manual for your appliance; the wire connecting to the water inlet is on EV1 of the PCB.. If you have a voltage coming from that and you have water entering the appliance then your aquastop is working.
Check and clean your pump and your drain hose, as this will cause the same error.
Also try this; drain the appliance; open the door, manually fill the tank with water to the normal level of the tank; set a program as normal; shut the door;