George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Cannon oven that was converted gas, but am

I have a Cannon oven that was converted for lpg gas, but am now in an are that has mains gas, can it be converted back?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Yes it can be converted back.. The parts that were exchanged to make it compatible for LPG need to be refitted and the LPG parts removed.

Please rate my assistance today.. & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Do you still have the parts Jaqui, or do you need new ones?

regards
George
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there thankyou for your reply. We apparently need to find out if it was a originally an lpg cooker. When we tried to get a conversion kit, the company said it could not be converted if it was bought as lpg but can be converted back if it was originally mains gas and converted....haha confusing!

Yes Jaqui, that is correct... however, in your question you said "I have a Cannon oven that was converted for lpg gas".. and this is what I have responded to...

Why would you even think that you had an oven that was converted for lpg gas if there was not some form of previous work on the cooker.. Normally, a person would say, 'I have an LPG cooker and want to convert it to use town gas'.. but you didn't, you specifically stated that yours had been converted.

regards
George
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes and you answered exactly what i asked thankyou. I have since found out that it may have been an lpg cooker to start with. But dont know for sure yet. It was given to us , we didnt actually buy it.

Thankyou very much for your time.

Kind Regards

Jacqui.